EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blog Post 1

Time Management Schedule

Hello Everyone
1. My name is Linda Hunter and I am a returning student here at University of South Alabama.
This is my Junior year of classes and I will be completing my degree in Education.
Someday I wants to become a teacher in Pre-school or First grade settings and I lived here in Mobile, Alabama.
Some of my major interests are reading any kind of books from textbooks to The Holy Bible, listening to jazz, country and gospel songs from various of artists, taking long walks in the parks with my two female puppies to relaxed and also learning the different class assignments in EDM310.
During my free time after work and studying for my assignments, I love to learned new technology and how it will effect students in the future at the childcare center where I worked at.

At the center I am a Childcare Teacher and where I also help students from the age of Three years until the age of Fifteen to understand their class and homework assignments to prepared them for the ever changing world of advance technologies.
I returned back to college after receiving my B.S. in Human Resource Management from another university and not finding any employment in that field and I chose to become an educator.
I have Four brothers and Three sisters, Eighteen nieces and nephews and Eighteen great nieces and nephews and I wanted all of them to know that it never to late within their lifetime to get their college education, because it will pay a big part in their future this in one of my passion within my lifetime is to see all of great nieces and nephew get their First College Degrees.

2. From the video about Time Management by Dr. Pausch, I learned about several different important facts about it.
1. Ask yourself the top Three questions: Why I am doing this? in more case why am I going back to college?
2. Will I be success at it?
3. What are some of the 100 things that I wants to do within my life time?
To me I here people in general says make a Bucket lists of the things that you wants to before you passed from this earth and looking at this video, it on backs up the information from others about making plans for your life, you only have one life to live.
Dr. Pausch also talked about Doing the right things correctly and be willing to make changes within your plans for your life.
Planning has to be done in multi-levels and everyone sure be willing to take time out of their busy schedule for themselves.
Time Management is one of the most important facts of each and everyones life.

This is my Time Management Schedule for the week.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDM310. I wish you better luck in the field of education. But times are tough these days...even in schools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda!
    I love how passionate you are about becoming an educator and you are so right; it is never too late to get an education and it is very important for the younger generation to understand how important education is. I admire how you have decided to return back to school and how that is setting a good example for the children that you help at your Childcare Center. I see that you are a dog lover and so am I! I do not have any dogs, but I sure want one really bad! I believe that you will make a wonderful teacher because you are driven for success and that is the attitude that I think all educators should have. Best wishes on your career!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    You seemed to be very organized and extremely passionate. I see you said you received a degree in human resources...have you thought about working for the school board in their department? I think it is great that you [and I] are exploring the new branches of technology. Everyday it is changing and I don't know about you but I want to be able to help my students with it too. I saw you have 2 girl dogs and I have 2 boy dogs. I have a chow and a St. Bernard. Hopefully we can help each other out with EDM310:) Good luck and have a great day/night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Ms. Linda,
    For Blog Post #3 we are suppose to review your post and make any corrections or suggestions to it. First off, I would like to start off by stating I really enjoyed reading your post. Anyone who reads your blog will be able to feel the passion you have for education coming out at them on the screen. Some suggestions I would make are when you responded to the videos you could have possibly written the answers in a paragraph. Some corrections that I can see are some of your words are capitalized that do not really need to be. Other than that I think your Blog is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Anna
      I will work on correcting them.

      Delete